Thursday, 14 February 2013
Be My Valentine
It's that time of year again! Happy Valentines Day everyone! For all those out there stuck for ideas for tonight, keep reading to find out how to achieve the ultimate girly makeup!
- To achieve a perfect base apply your favourite foundation. I used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20.
- Cover any imperfections with your trusty concealer. I used Garnier's roll on. If you're going to be taking lots of pictures avoid products with SPF!
- Using my Urban Decay Naked Palette, I used the colours Sin, Toasted, Virgin and Hustle to darken the outer corners. It's important to use light pretty colours and not go too over board with the contouring as we want definition - NOT a smokey eye!
- To darken the lower lash line I applied L'oreal's gel liner to add definition
- I finished the eyes with Sephora's Amazing Volume Mascara and added Primark £1 Definition lashes (can't go wrong with £1 lashes!)
- For flushed cheeks I used MAC's Dollymix and added Benefit's High Beam for a sheen that would look amazing in candle light!
- For the lips I liberally applied YSL Rouge Pur Lipstick in 52 Rosy Coral - the PERFECT colour for this look!
- Finally, for the hair, I pulled two sections into bus using two small hair doughnuts and used the remaining hair to plait around the buns:
For an extra oompf I add some holographic hearts from this set:
This is a set I found in the sale at Topshop for £2 and the hearts really are versatile
Besides sticking them on the side of my face with some Vaseline I also incorporated them into my valentines nails
I simply applied Nail's Inc's Hampstead Heath and with tweezers I applied the holographic hearts. And that's all! The tackyness of the nail polish means no adhesive acquired!
Hope you all have an awesome Valentine's Day!