Saturday, 23 February 2013
Make Up | Winter-Spring Transitional Must Haves
The weather is finally getting warmer (hooray!), but with this change in climate everyone's skin needs some TLC following the harsh winter months.
For me, these products really do the trick!
From right to left:
- REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. This stuff is seriously good. And I mean seriously. I love face masks and always used to limit myself to those 99p ones at boots. Never again! Not only does this smell fruity and yummy, but I only have to leave it on for 10mins and my skin feels supple and clean and really...well...renewed! Only downside is the price at £30, but I've had mine for 6 months and I'm still going strong.
- Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. I have yet to try a lip balm that works as well as this does, in such a short amount of time. I apply this with my moisturiser and apply lipstick last in my make up routine. By this time my lips are hydrated and nicely preped. I would recommend the original peppermint flavour - it tingles and feels like its doing something!
- Olay Anti-wrinkle night cream. Yes, I am 21. No, I do not need anti-wrinkle cream. But daamnn this stuff is good! I find that in the winter when I walk 45mins to school, my skin needs extra hydration and the normal fluffy day creams just don't cut it. With the anit-ageing ingredients, this actually plumps my skin and I wake up with perfectly smooth and preped skin, ready for my day!
- Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. After the harsh winter weather, my lips really do need some extra care, and this stuff is a lifesaver! You just apply it to your lips and scrub off the dead cells so you have nice smooth lips. To be honest, I would even use this year round before applying red lips or anything bright, as chapped lips + lipstick = not attractive
- Benefit 'so hooked on carmella' perfume. This is the ultimate girly spring perfume. Not even kidding. Go to your nearest benefit counter and try this now! I always get complimented on this scent whenever I wear it. It smells like vanilla, and coconut and cakes. No joke. I once had a friend smell me and tell me 'you smell like cakes mmmm'. It's amazing. Perfect for spring! (On a side note, I've had this for 3 years! And it's a tiny bottle, so excellent value for money!)
These are all some of my tried-and-tested all time faves and I am constantly recommending them to friends! Hopefully they will help get you in top shape for 'ss 13!